A River Runs Through It

It being the street I live on. I just looked outside and it seems drainage has ceased to be. My backyard is a moat. I have enormous puddles of water all over the backyard that are not draining. Apparently, this is the wettest December on record here in southern California. And I am SO OVER it.

What I am also over is the people that say “oh, but we need it.” Seriously? No.  We don’t. We need 2-3 days of rain more often than twice a year. Not 5 consecutive days of so much rain that drainage in people’s yards stops and city streets become flooded. There is no good in this – all that water just runs right off into the ocean not filling any reservoirs and making messes as it goes. So, no. We don’t “need” it anymore.

You know it’s wrong when you live in San Diego and think to yourself “I need to invest in better gutters because the ones I had just aren’t cutting it.” My last house didn’t even had any gutters and it was a model home! Gutters are not standard equipment here so the fact that I have any gutters should be good enough. But not really or else I wouldn’t have a moat around the sides of the house where there are no gutters.

Even dogs are messed up by all this. Last night we went to our training class with The Lou and this cocker spaniel just took a huge dump right there in the middle of the aisle during “loose leash walking”. All the dogs in class are pretty well trained in that regard but I guarantee you that it’s because he held it in from not wanting to go out in the rain to do his business. [Talking to the sky] Anytime today that you’d like to turn this off would be fabulous. Thanks.

Comments

  1. Gutters aren't standard? That just weirds me out since I've never seen houses without here in the midwest. :)

    I bet this has hindered running, too?? Has the rain stopped? I am completely unaware of life in the news right now, so I'm relying on you blog friends to fill me in on current events around the US.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts